Welcome to Anker Studenthousing – With a heart for students since 1975.
Anker Studenthousing has, throughout its rich history, been a pivotal player in providing a home for the many thousands of students who flock to our city every year. We understand that the life during the study period can be stressful on its own, and our main priority is to give you a safe and positive start to your studies, right in the heart of Oslo.
To secure an offer for accommodation, certain criteria must be met. Take a look below for more information about the application process. We recommend applying as early as possible to ensure a student residence in the bustling housing market in Oslo.
You must be:
- Between 18 and 36 years old
- Fulltime pupil at Vocational School or student at higher education in College/University in Oslo.
- Apprentice/trainee in Oslo
- Maximum stay of 4 years
Requirements for documentation:
- Students at college/university: Screen shot of active subjects at Studentweb https://fsweb.no/studentweb/ as well as your studyplan showing you will continue beeing a student the following semester + screenshot of a valid digital semester card.
- Apprentice/Trainee: Signed contract (and latest pay slip if the contract start is back in time).
- Pupils at Vocational School : Signed and stamped confirmation from the school’s administration.
Adult education (Voksenopplæring) and Norwegian language courses are not sufficient to be able to apply for housing, unfortunately.
We dont accept PHD- students/ scholarship holders due to the high salary.
Valid ID/passport must be uploaded to all applications.
- First you must create a user on the website: Unialltid
- Select the apartments you would like to apply for. In the «shopping cart» you are able to compare the categories for apartments chosen, or you can proceed to your application.
- Fill out the required information and follow the instructions.
- Upload a profile picture. If you have a co-tenant, please upload one picture of both of you.
- Upload student documentation to complete the application.
- You will see a summary at the end and press «Send application«. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that the application has been approved.
- You are now on the waiting list 😊 You will receive a notice by e-mail and SMS when you receive an offer for contract lease.
All information about an offer will be sent by e-mail. Therefore, make sure that e-mails from email@example.com do not end up in your spam folder. It’s very important that you have correct e-mail (private, not a school e-mail) and phone number registered in your profile.
Unfortunately, we can not say when you will receive an answer to your application. But you will be alerted if an offer has been sent to you.
Best of luck! 👌
Important Information Regarding Your Student Housing Application
Only those who meet our creterias will receive a response on My Page.
As we allocate housing continuously, we do not reject applications unless they are not updated with the requested documentation. Therefore, you will remain on our waiting list until:
- You are allocated student housing with us, or
- 30 days have passed since you registered or last extended your application.
If you still haven’t been assigned housing and haven’t updated your application after 30 days, your application will be removed from our waiting lists. Please ensure you keep your application up-to-date by renewing it within the specified deadline to confirm your ongoing interest in receiving a student housing offer.
The reason we remove applications not updated after 30 days is to keep our lists organized. This helps us adjust waiting lists automatically, ensuring that applicants who no longer need housing with us don’t take up unnecessary space.
We are working diligently to allocate housing and will provide you with a response as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience 🙂
Where Am I on the Waiting List?
Everyone applying for student housing at Anker Student Residence is placed on a waiting list.
Unfortunately, it’s challenging for us to determine your specific position on the waiting list or predict how long it will take before we have housing available for you and therefore you will not be given a number.
If you’ve already applied for student housing, you can make continuous adjustments to your application. This dynamic process means that the waiting list is always changing. We send out offers for student housing regularly, and when someone declines an offer, the next person on the waiting list who meets our criteria immediately receives the offer. This means there’s no set deadline or specific time for sending out housing offers.
If you do not have BankID, please download the contract and sign it manually. Send the signed contract to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB! The contract must be signed within the deadline given in the notice. If you do not sign the contract, the offer will automatically be deleted and given to the next applicant on the waiting list. If you wish to receive a new offer, you have to apply again.
Advance rent: yes
- Advance Rent means money paid to the landlord to be applied to future rent payment periods.
- Advance rent is two – 2 – months rent. See invoice in your contract.
- Advance rent will be used as security for rent for the last two months of the lease (termination time)
Advance rent must be paid before you can collect keys to your apartment, and no later than 14 days after the start of the contract, see point 4 in your lease. If you pay the day before or the same day as you collect the keys, we may not have received the payment. Please bring with you a screenshot on your mobile phone from the online bank stating that the transaction has been completed.
You can pay advance rent directly in your profile (Unialltid) or by using account information that you find in your lease.
Advance rent will be used as security for rent in your last two months of the tenancy agreement. Note that advance rent you have already paid upon moving in will automatically be transferred to the next contract. A possible difference for advance rent (which must correspond to two months’ rent in the new contract period) must be paid before the new contract starts.
If you pay through Your Page, there will be a payment fee of NOK 100 when using NETS. We recommend that you pay directly from your online bank if you want to avoid the fee.
When moving out
Paid advance rent will cover your last two months’ rents and no additional rent needs to be paid as long as the rent has been paid according to the lease during the lease period.